Thank you for choosing us for your medical care. To help familiarize you with our office, we have listed some of our office policies below. If you do not find what you are looking for here, please feel free to contact us. We are looking forward to meeting you!
We see patients by appointment. We will always do our best to accommodate you the same day when possible. Please give our office at least 24 hours notice when you find that you need to cancel an appointment.
All co-payments, deductibles and non-covered services are required to be paid at the time of service. For your convenience, we do accept check, cash, debit and credit cards.
We are committed to providing you with the best possible care. If you have medical insurance we are eager to help you receive your maximum allowable benefits. In order to achieve these goals we need your assistance. Insurance coverage is not a guarantee of payment for services provided including procedures considered not medically necessary and/or cosmetic in nature. If you have questions regarding your benefits, coverage, or if our providers are contracted with your plan please call the customer service telephone number on your insurance card.
- CONTRACTED INSURANCE: All contracted insurance companies are billed directly as a courtesy. Any remaining balance for non-covered benefits, deductibles, and co-insurance are your responsibility. Payment for any patient responsibility is due upon receipt of your monthly statement.
- CO-PAYS: All co-pays are expected at the time the service is rendered. It is the patient’s responsibility to notify the receptionist upon arrival that a co-pay is due. A $20.00 handling fee maybe added to your statement if you do not pay at the time of service.
- NON-CONTRACTED INSURANCE: All charges are considered patient responsibility if we are not contracted with your insurance. A claim will be filled as a courtesy; however, a contractual adjustment will not apply. Payment is due upon receipt of your monthly statement.
- RETURNED CHECKS: There will be a $25.00 charge for all returned checks.
- NO SHOW/CANCELLATION POLICY: There may be a $40.00 charge for no-show appointments or cancellation of appointments without 24-hour advance notice.
- BENEFITS/COVERAGE: It is your responsibility to understand your insurance benefits. Insurance coverage is not a guarantee of payment for services provided including procedures considered not medically necessary and/or cosmetic in nature. If you have questions regarding your benefits, coverage, or if our providers are contracted with your plan please call the customer service telephone number on your insurance card.
- REFERRALS/AUTHORIZATIONS: It is your responsibility to obtain referrals from your PCP. Please notify the receptionist if your plan requires a referral or pre-authorization. If a referral is not in place your appointment may be rescheduled.
When requesting refills, please be prepared to provide us with the name of the medication, the dosage and the phone number for your pharmacy. Please allow us until the end of our business day to get refills processed.
As a general rule, we do not process refill requests after hours or on the weekends unless it is an emergency.
California Coastal Dermatology providers are contracted with most major insurance carriers. Though the majority are listed below, some insurance companies may not be listed and/or may be included in a provider network under a different name. Because commercial insurance carriers offer several tiered products we encourage you to contact your insurance carrier’s customer service team to confirm California Coastal Dermatology is in network with your specific plan. We look forward to having the opportunity to caring for you and your family.
We accept PPO and POS plans including:
- Medicare & Medicare Supplemental
- Anthem Blue Cross (only traditional, Prudent Buyer, and Medicare/Senior PPOs)
- Blue Shield standard PPO
- First Health
- United Healthcare
For the convenience of our patients, we offer on-line registration. Reduce the amount of time spent in the waiting room by completing these forms ahead of time. Please be sure to bring your insurance card to your first visit along with these forms.If you prefer, you may download a paper copy of our registration form by clicking here.